Event Location: Meet at Methodist Chapel and main locations will be the Recreation Ground, plus Blacksmiths pond and Toot Hill
SUNDAY OCTOBER 2nd: 12 noon - 4pm
Can you spare a couple of hours to help maintain our fabulous village environment?
We are looking for volunteers of all ages to come and work with us to protect and enhance our lovely surroundings for everyone to enjoy (Please note that parents are to supervise their children at all times)
We will meet at the Methodist Chapel first to divide up the tasks amongst the volunteers.
Tasks will include:
- Work at the Recreation Ground: Lay bark on footpath exits, litter picking. tidy up children's play area and tidying ditches. Benches to be and oiled. Tidy up of the Children's play area and help clear the rec ditches ready for the winter.
- Work at Toot Hill: Raking/tidying the top of the mound, laying bark at entrances and exits from the Bury, litter picking along the back of the Toot, tidying up the bench and teak oiling it, painting the information board. Tidying Jacks Path and the footpath from Crabtree Lane to the Toot and into the Churchyard
- Work at Blacksmiths Pond: Tidying of area around bench and bench cleaning, plus possibly painting of a coat of white paint on the rails and black paint on the brackets (paint available)
- Work on Little Green: Sanding and oiling the bench and information board
- Tidy up behind Baulk Gardens and down to Baulk meadows : Litter picking, helping with bark laying and general tidy up
To let us know you are happy to volunteer for one of these tasks or suggest another task which you and a group of volunteers are happy to do, please email the Parish Clerk via the Contact us form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Refreshments will be available at the Methodist Chapel rovided by local groups and all profits will go to these groups' local funds